In accordance with Diponegoro University (Undip) vision to become a world class university, an international collaboration between Undip and other world class universities have received high attention to rector to conduct a riil collaboration activites and one of activities is summer program.
This program is designed by Animal and Agricultural Sciences Faculty, Undip to create a new opportunity for international students to learn about culture in Indonesia.
The program involves 10 (ten) students to stay in Undip for 11 days and engaging their life with local environment, including culture, behavior, and applied sciences manner. The student will be also challenged for identifying set of activities that will improve their global academic capabilities.
Since this program is available to only invited universities, thus committee invites to 10 participants as following criteria:
- Students should be fast learner and able to communicate in english
- Participant is an active student in the minimum of 2 years student in university for bachelor degree or first year in master study
- Prospective student will be from Thailand (2), Japan (3), Taiwan (4), Malaysia (1).
- Student should prepare for visa and ticket from home countries to Semarang city by theirselves.
- Participants will stay in guest house during course and all meal as well as room are free during course. Student may fulfill their need to find dinner. Local transport will be covered by Undip.
This program is a second summer course by Faculty of Animal and Agricultural Sciences, while the first summer course was conducted in Augusts 2017.
This program is designed for the students who want to develop their knowledge in Indonesia’s culture. Therefore, the objectives of this summer course are:
- Provide the experience a new culture in Central Java including social, communication, and global knowledge in Indonesia. The participants will gain better understanding for people with different culture, and can really make them feel as a “part of the world”.
- Provide the way for personal development since on summer program, participants are confronted with challenges in everyday’s life that they will have never experienced before.
Overview the lesson that will be provided in the course:
- Indonesian language class
- Learning city by city tour to old city (Lawang Sewu)
- Visit batik vendor
- Ice cream manufacturing
- Practice in radio broadcasting station
- Field study in woman entrepreneurship
- Study about Saman traditional dance
- Field study and crafting Batik
- Study about Indonesian parliament
Dates and registration
The summer course is open for registration until August 8, 2018 and the committee will only invite the target university. The following is the information about important dates.
- Open registration : up to Augusts 8, 2018
- Announcement for letter of acceptance : Augusts 13, 2018
- Date of arrival in Semarang (Ahmad Yani Airport) : August 19, 2018
- Summer course start : August 20, 2018
- Summer course end : August 28, 2018
- Departure to home country : August 29, 2018
Application form can be downloaded through this link and please submit this application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.