Semarang, io.undip.ac.id, The Government of Colombia has opened the “Spanish Course as a Foreign Language for Tourist Guides and university students from FEALAC countries – Forum for East Asia-Latin America Cooperation”. The Government of Colombia will prioritize candidates who are studying courses related to Latin-American Studies, International Business, International Relations, International Trade, Business, Management and Foreign Languages.
The Colombian Government decided to give continuity to this initiative and offer up to 60 scholarships to tourist guides and undergraduate and graduate students from South-East Asian countries, members of FEALAC, interested in learning Spanish as a foreign language. The course will have duration of one academic semester (approximately 4 months), and will be held at Colombian universities renowned for their high quality Spanish as a foreign language courses.
Duration of the Scholarship
One academic semester (From August to November 2016)
- Must be nationals from South-East Asian countries that are members of FEALAC;
- Be tourist guides duly certified or students who have outstanding academic results and are enrolled in the last academic year of their undergraduate course or a graduate course;
- Have a good knowledge of English (level B1);
- Have good physical and mental health;
- Have been born between January 1, 1976 and December 31, 1996.
- Accept and carry out the rules of this 2016 initiative, submitted as Annex I of this document;
- Have the necessary resources to cover the costs of the first month of their stay in Colombia. It is suggested a minimum amount of $500 (five hundred) US dollars;
- Preferably have basic knowledge of Spanish (level A1);
- Have not participated in past versions of this initiative, developed since 2013.
- Application form completed2, which will be available on the webpage of the Colombian Embassy in the member countries of FEALAC.
- A recent passport photo (3.5 x 4 cms).
- Copy of the principal passport page, containing biographical information. The passport must have a minimum validity of one year after the start of the program.
- Just for tourist guides: Acceptance letter or authorization of enrollment issued by the National Tourism Authority or Competent Authorities of their countries.
- Just for undergraduate and graduate students: Cover letter issued by University where enrolled that includes the Grade Point Average (GPA) of the candidate. For postgraduate students, copy of Undergraduate diploma.
- Medical certificate in English, signed by a doctor, certifying that the candidate is in good physical and mental health in order to take the course in Colombia.
- Documents evidencing the candidate has a proficient knowledge of English, equal or greater than B1, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- Letter of acceptance signed by the candidate, submitted as Annex II in this document, to be signed only by the final beneficiaries.
- Round trip, air ticket in economy class from the capital of the home country to the Colombian city.
- Monthly stipend of one million six hundred (1.600.000) Colombian pesos covering accommodation, local transport, and the cost of meals in Colombia.
- Tuition scholarship for the Spanish as a foreign language course.
- International Health Insurance, whose coverage is presented as Annex III to this document.
- Courtesy Visa during the progress of the course, which be granted for a time of three (3) months and renovated in Colombia before its expiry date.
Submission deadline: The deadline is extended until May 30, 2016. 12:00 p.m., Bogotá time.
For relevant purposes, please find the terms of reference, Annex I, II, III for the application here or visit the following link: http://indonesia.embajada.gov.
Any additional concerns please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.