It is a great pleasure to inform all of Diponegoro University’s students about upcoming Winter Schools at The First Electrotechnical University (ETU) taking place in Saint Petersburg in January and February 2019.
ETU «LETI» consistently is one of the national leaders of the demand rating for engineering schools. Electrotechnical University International Winter schools offers all of you a unique opportunity to gain professional skills in highly qualified academic environment and to enjoy the magnificent beauty of St. Petersburg. There are several different Winter Schools, taught in Russian or English – choose the one you prefer below!
International Winter Schools in English (Six Schools lasting 21.01.2019-03.02.2019)
- Automation & Mechatronics;
- Industrial Software Engineering for Robotics and the Internet of Things;
- Biomedical Engineering;
- Renewable energy;
- Laser & Optical Measurements;
- Intercultural Communication in Business;
- History of Russian Revolution in Saint Petersburg 1900-1917.
Winter School on Automation & Mechatronics
1. Introduction to PLC and Industrial Communications;
2. Introduction to Mobile Robotics;
3. Introduction to Modern Computer Vision Techniques;
4. Student Research Proposal Competition.
Winter School on Industrial Software Engineering for Robotics and the Internet of Things
1. Introduction to Embedded Programming for Microcontrollers;
2. Introduction to Embedded Linux Programming;
3. Introduction to Robot Operating System.
Winter School on Biomedical Engineering
1. Computer Analysis of Biomedical Signals
2. Electronics and beam robots in BME
3. Using of modern technologies in Rehabilitation and Prosthetics
4. The secrets of successful science and innovation projects in BME
Winter School on Renewable Energy
1. Introduction to Renewable Energy Sources;
2. Introduction to Photovoltaics: Physics, Technology, Metrology;
3. Solar Power Plants: Design, Equipment and Automation.
Winter School on Laser and Optical Measurements
1. Introduction to Optical Measurements, Interferometry and Optical Sensing;
2. Introduction to Linear and Angular Interferometric Measurement Systems;
3. Introduction to Laser and Optical Gyroscopy.
Winter School on Intercultural Communication in Business
1. Cultural Peculiarities in Business Based on “Cultural Web”;
2. International Tourism: Cultures and Behavior. The Case of St. Petersburg / The Case of Russia;
3. Different Styles, Different Cultures in Business: How to Succeed?;
4. Spiral Dynamic in Business Communications.
Winter School on History of the Russian Revolution in St. Petersburg: 1900 – 1917
1. Crisis of the Russian Empire and the Revolution of 1905-1907;
2. Russia in World War I: 1914-1917;
3. The Russian Revolution of 1917: from Capitalism to Socialism;
4. St. Petersburg and Masterpieces of Russian Culture.
Winter School of Russian Language
You are invited to take a two-week intensive course in Russian at ETU «LETI»!
There will be weekly excursions in St. Petersburg and its suburbs. You will be able to visit main museums, palaces and park ensembles and take walks in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
1. Russian language and cultural heritage of Russia – 36 academic hours
2. Gems of Russian culture in Russian language – 72 academic hours
• Unique combination of obtaining professional knowledge and immersion in Russian life, culture and history through excursions, etc;
• Classes are held at ETU “LETI”, in classrooms and laboratories, as well as outside audiences: excursions around St. Petersburg and the suburbs, visits to museums and cultural sites are included in the program;
• Certificate of Winter School participant will be issued by the end of the program.
Tuition fee: 25000 RUR (about 360-380 USD or 320-330 Euro), includes training, excursion program, study materials, migration support;
Accommodation fee: 5000 RUR approximately (about 75 USD or 65 EUR)
*Please download the brochure here
For further information, please contact
International Office of Diponegoro University
Widya Puraya 1st floor Tembalang
or you can reach us on firstname.lastname@example.org